The Professional Wrestling Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Showdown of Stars From Around The World Of Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PWP 1: Lets Get It Started! - Jackie Sweets vs. Nick Madison

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh C. Duncan
Superstar
Superstar
Josh C. Duncan

PWP 1: Lets Get It Started! - Jackie Sweets vs. Nick Madison Empty
PostSubject: PWP 1: Lets Get It Started! - Jackie Sweets vs. Nick Madison   PWP 1: Lets Get It Started! - Jackie Sweets vs. Nick Madison EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:18 pm

1 RP Max. 300 word minimum. Deadline is August 17th at 11:59 PM Eastern.
Back to top Go down
jackiesweets
Superstar
Superstar

PostSubject: Let It Be   PWP 1: Lets Get It Started! - Jackie Sweets vs. Nick Madison EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:24 pm

August 16th at 6pm inside Abramowitz's Grocery store off Broadway Avenue in Monona, Wisconsin. Jackie Sweets is semi-formally dressed as he rushes down an aisle in his Hugo Boss dress shirt, slacks and shoes. He is picking up last minute items for a party at his house on 22 Dreamsend Lane. Starlett, his beautiful wife, had planned a wonderful feast for family and friends enjoying the last strains of summer. But she had run out of several ingredients for her world famous Raspberry Sherbet Punch. So Jackie was sent out to save the day. He navigates the aisles grabbing several 2 liter bottles of Sprite, a few gallons of Raspberry Sherbet and Pineapple- Orange juice. He also tosses in a bag of Cheezy Poofs and some extra Shrimp Cocktail sauce. He arrives at the Express Lane and sees a friendly face in neighbor girl, Julia Macklin.]

Julia smiles and teases. "This is the Express Lane. 12 items or less. You have 13 items with those Cheezy Poofs."

Jackie looks into the brown eyes of the 18 year old brunette and chillingly replies. "I think you're gonna make an exception this time."

Julia feins fear then replies,"I guess I can do that. They do stress at this store to respect your elders."

Sweets' face goes from joyful to red with anger until he realises Julia is but a child and meant no harm. He laughs it off, "Cute. With an attitude like that you're gonna be the crazy woman with a dozen cats at the trailer park."

Julia laughs and punches Jackie playfully on the arm,"You are so funny. Starlett is such a lucky girl."

Jackie rubs his arm which is smarting from the teenager's jab. But her compliment wins his approval and he decides top make the young ladies year. "Hey, we're having a party tonight at the house. Wrestlers, family, friends. You're welcome to come. You can even bring that boyfriend of yours that wears his pants down to his ankles. Just make sure he pulls 'em up before he comes in. Oy Vey, you should by him a belt for Hannukah."

Julia laughs hysterically which shows off the one cosmetic flaw she has. Her rotted tooth. Jackie cringes a bit when he sees it but is polite. She responds,"I'd love to but after the last time I was at your place for your cousins' Graduation party I don't know."

"Why? What happened?"

"Well Johnny Grrrrr was putting the moves on me when by boyfriend Ryan came back over and he told Johnny to leave me alone. Johnny took him inside and stuck his head in the toilet and flushed it. I don't want that kind of trouble again. Besides, he's always groping me."

Jackie fights to contain the laughter when he imagines the sight of Ryan getting a swirly from everyone's favorite pervert. It reminds him of one of his classic MCW Hardcore matches with Grrrrr and the time Johnny flushed his head in the toilet. And suddenly it isn't nearly as funny as it was. He tries to make Julia feel better about it. "If you want you have my protection. I can make sure that Johnny keeps his distance."

Julia gives Jackie back his Check Card and replies,"Thanks anyway but Ryan and I are going to watch "We're The Millers". We need a night out just the two of us anyway."

"Saw it! That's a great movie. Alright. Tell you what though. Next time I wrestle Johnny I'll give him an extra nasty beating for bugging you."

"Nice try, but aren't you both retired? I haven't seen you wrestle in some time. Ryan and I watched the Pure War Gauntlet on the last Battlezone and you weren't in it. Do you even wrestle anymore?"

"Do I wrestle? Bitch please! Of course! I am in a match in Greensboro, North Carolina for a company called Pro Wrestling Project next week. I'm sort of a good will ambassador for the MWA. I take on a guy named Nick Madison."

"But you weren't in the big match on Battlezone. It almost seems like the MWA is putting you out to pasture and your former tag partner is the new World champion. Which reminds me.....could you get me Jared Baker's autograph? It would be supercool of you."

Jackie grumbles. Not only has Jared become the World Champion right after winning the Heritage Title but he has supplanted him as the face of the MWA. Not to mention Starlett saw the guy naked. "Just bag the groceries, a'ight?"

Jackie takes his bag of goodies and heads to the parking lot. That is when a familiar voice calls out to him and he turns to see the face of a woman he hasn't seen in far too long. Her golden blonde hair falls to her shoulders now and she has put on a few pounds but the sparkle in her blue eyes is the same. Years ago he thought he was going to marry this woman. But they were too different. He asked Courtney Price, who was known as Angelic when she served as his valet, to follow him to the MCW of H.Nic Dunkel. But she had enough of the pipe dream of wrestling and decided to break off their relationship and start a career at McDonalds. In the early going her decision looked wise but eventually Jackie met Starlett and she turned his entire life around. Courtney joined MCW after awhile and tried to come between Jackie and Starlett, even managing a few wrestlers and wrestling herself to get revenge. But in the end they parted as friends. He hasn't seen her for a long time and his face lights up when he does. "Courtney? My God. How have you been?"

The former lovers embrace and Courtney replies,"I've been good. I have a son now. Did you hear?"

Jackie is filled with surprise not having heard. "No. Why didn't you call me?"

Courtney just smiles a bittersweet smile and answers,"We both have new lives now Jackie. I wanted to call, just to talk. But I wasn't sure how Starr would feel about it. I didn't want to make waves."

"That's silly. We left on good terms. Starlett even told you to stay in touch the last time we bumped into you."

Courtney just shakes her head,"It's nice to see you're still the naive boy I fell for. Jackie, sometimes when a girl says something like that in front of her man's old flame it's just talk. Starlett doesn't want me in your lives anymore than I would want her around if our roles were reversed. She's a polite girl, always has been but she keeps an eye on you. Don't think she doesn't."

"I'm sure she would love to see you. I can prove it. We're having a party tonight. If you don't have any plans you should come over. You can meet my daughters."

Courtney shakes her head,"I don't think that would be the smartest move. Like I said, I don't think she would appreciate it. besides any party you have is bound to have Grrrrr there and I finally got him to quit calling me. I don't want to start that up again."

"Johnny calls you?"

"Well not in awhile. I think telling him about the baby scared him off."

Jackie shakes his head,"Johnny knew? Am I the only one who didn't know you became a mom?"

"You've been busy. I understand that. When I gave birth you were blind and I thought you had enough on your mind. Johnny agreed that I shouldn't tell you. It was for the best."

"Well it's nice to know that Grrrrr is making decisions for me again. I really would have liked to know. Are you in a hurry?"

Courtney nods,"I do have to get going but why don't we talk in my car?"

Jackie jumps in on the passenger side and they continue their conversation. "I swear to you Court, Johnny is gonna get a beating this week. He should have told me about you no matter what was going on in my life."

Courtney breaks in,"I can't believe that you two can remain friends with everything he's done to you and all the times you've wrestled."

Sweets nods back,"Wrestling is a crazy thing. I can wrestle a guy one day and sing with him at the bar the next. As long as it's just competition and he's not out to hurt me or my career."

Courtney laughs,"He gets you in trouble. He cheap shots you. He lets you take the blame. He makes you pick up the check....."

"Still not the worst thing a man can do Court. I'm a very forgiving soul. It takes a lot to piss me off."

"He tells people that you're really 40."

Jackie's eyes blaze with anger. This is going to far. Grrrrr has pushed the wrong button this time,"What???? That mothafucka! I'm like barely 37. He tells people I'm that old?!?"

"All the time. Telling girls you were gay and an ex-con didn't work so he started saying you were old. Change your opinion of him any?"

Sweets seethes in silent rage. "I'll get back to you on that. You sure you won't come to the party?"

Courtney pulls a bottle of Champagne from her grocery bag and opens it and pushes a plastic glass into Jackie's hand. "No, but you can share a toast with me. To new life, in my child. And to you and Starlett and your family."

They clink their cups and take a sip of the bubbly. Sweets tries to disguise his distaste for the alcohol and how much just a sip affects his stomach and his head. Courtney laughs knowing how much of a lightweight Jackie is. Sweets looks at this woman he once loved with all his heart and says,"This reminds me of our only New years together. I remember it all. That kiss at Midnight. The resolutions we made. And of course what we did later."

Courtney moves a little closer on the seat and smiles. Jackie begins to feel a bit heated, as he always did with this amazing girl. She takes another drink and finishes her Champagne and makes Jackie do the same. he forces the drink down and his head starts to swim. Courtney says,"I remember that night. You were pretty inexperienced but you made up for it with enthusiasm. We can't go back Jackie. My man Todd may be a piece of shit but he is my piece of shit. And my baby's daddy. And you would never do anything to hurt Starlett. Everyone knows that. But we can pretend, just for a moment, that it's Midnight now."

Courtney moves in and kisses Jackie tenderly. At first he doesn't know what to do but he slowly gives in to the pleasure and kisses her back. It's over all too soon and Courtney just smiles and makes her excuses that she has to get home. They promise to stay in touch but neither one believes it will happen. This was a chance meeting and their next will be similar. Perhaps it's true what they say that "you can't go home again." Jackie hugs her again and leaves the car with his groceries. He moves to Starlett's new SUV, a lavender Chevrolet Eqinox with pink interior. He puts the bags in and starts it up as he watches Courtney pull out of the grocery store parking lot. A song comes on the radio by Dan Fogelberg which makes him think of them as the scene fades out.

[promo sent to the Pro Wrestling Project headquarters for use on the upcoming Let's get It Started event. We see the "Dreamlover" Jackie Sweets, former 2 time MWA World Champion and 8 time Heritage Champion standing in front of the familiar blue and white MWA logo background. He is dressed in his purple and silver "lightning crashes" tights and his ring jacket and he looks deep into the camera.]

Sweets: I want all the fans of the Pro Wrestling Project to know that I'm excited to be in Greensboro, North Carolina for the show. My wife Starlett and I will be appearing at the Greensboro Boys and Girls Club the day of the show and we can't wait to see you all there. I'm honored to be the MWA representative for this event and I hope it's the beginning of something special. I will be wrestling Nick Madison at the show and I'm excited for the challenge. Nick Madison and I couldn't be more different personally but our careers have some major similarities. I've spent the last 12 years almost exclusive to the MWA and he's been a mainstay in Pro Wrestling Smarks and their sister organizations. I've been to the top of the wrestling mountain when I won the MWA World Championship on two occasions and he's handled his business and been the PWSR World Champion as well as the PWSR Intercontinental Champion. He's one of the heavy hitters in the sport and that's the other difference in us, when it comes to our in ring style. He's 6'3" and 256 lbs of high impact explosion and he loves to push his opponents around. On the other hand I'm 5'10" and 222 lbs soaking wet and holding a brick. Ain't no one afraid to get in the ring with Jackie Sweets..............unless they're worried about the brick. I was trained by Porkchop Poe to be a classic scientific wrestler and even at 37 I can still turn on the afterburners and fly with the best in the sport. I know what I bring to the table and I know what Nasty Nick brings to the table and personally I'd bet on the little Jew that could because I have something to prove. I've watched as a few of my closest friends have made the most of their opportunities this year while I've been left holding the bag. I've seen wrestlers I've been rivals with for a decade come out of nowhere and climb to the top of the mountain while I watched from the back. I want this! You only get one chance to make a first impression and this playa plans to light 'em up in Greensboro, North Carolina.

Some of my critics heard about this match and said this was another example of Jackie Sweets not knowing when to call it a day. I admit it's been more than a minute since I was talked about alongside the elite in our sport but it's a change or die world and if there is one thing this playa knows how to do it's adapt to the climate. Nick Madison, I can't say I like you. I'm all about being a role model to the kids out there and showing them that they can make their dreams come true if they work hard and get an education. I've got a four year old daughter who I want to be proud of her daddy and I've got an 18 year old daughter who is training to be a wrestler herself. I want her to see that there is a right way to do things and the way you live your life tricky Nicky is far from clean and sober. So let's let this match be what it is. You're the bad boy who does what he wants and I'm the good guy who stands for something and in this world if you don't stand for something then you'll fall for anything. I won't fall for your tricks Nick, let's see if i have a few still up my sleeves.
Back to top Go down
Nick Madison
Superstar
Superstar
Nick Madison

PostSubject: Re: PWP 1: Lets Get It Started! - Jackie Sweets vs. Nick Madison   PWP 1: Lets Get It Started! - Jackie Sweets vs. Nick Madison EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Make Us Look Good
Whether you want to or not...

(The scene opens with Nick Madison and his fiance, Laura Phoenix, sitting in their hotel room watching television on netflix, when Nick’s cell phone rings.)

Nick Madison: Why must people disturb How I Met Your Mother...

Laura Phoenix: It’s called the pause button...

Nick Madison: But it’s not the same...

(Laura pauses the tv as Nick looks down at his phone to see whose calling.)

Nick Madison: Oh, it’s Max.

Laura Phoenix: Better answer it then.

(Nick presses the answer button and brings the phone up to his ear.)

Nick Madison: Hey boss, what’s up?

Max Sheppard: Hey Nick, just checking in on you guys, see how you’re doing and all.

Nick Madison: Really...that’s all you called for?

Max Sheppard: Well..okay, you got me. Mind putting me on speaker, I want Laura to hear this too.

Nick Madison: Sure, hang on.

(Nick turns the speaker phone on and puts the phone down.)

Nick Madison: Alright, you got both of us on.

Laura Phoenix: Sup boss?

Max Sheppard: Hey Laura. I trust you guys are enjoying yourselves?

Laura Phoenix: Yeah, it’s been awesome. Thanks for taking care of the tab for everything...

Max Sheppard: Well its the least I can do for you guys after agreeing to take part in the show...just think of it as an...early wedding present. I know you guys haven’t exactly gotten a chance to have alone time lately.

Nick Madison: That might qualify for the understatement of the century...

Max Sheppard: I know, I know. But hopefully being in Greensboro for a few days will help you guys relax and all.

Laura Phoenix: It’s helping...but you know us, we’re ready to get in the ring.

Max Sheppard: Right right. But uh...do me a favor while you’re in town?

Nick Madison: Sure, whats up?

Max Sheppard: I know that the two of you, well Nick especially, can tend to be a bit...destructive...

Nick Madison: I prefer the term free spirited.

Max Sheppard:....right, in any case, remember that while you’re there, you’re representing Pro Wrestling Smarks, and your behavior there will reflect on our company and what others think of us. If we want the chance to gain any kind of good publicity or potential superstars interesting in trying us out, we don’t need you guys going around blowing stuff up and setting bars on fire...

Nick Madison: Oh come on, that was one time...and Levi’s not with us...

Max Sheppard: Nick....

Laura Phoenix: I’ll make sure he doesn’t get into too much trouble, Max.

Nick Madison: (grumbling) Can’t do nothin...

Max Sheppard: Well you can...just nothing that will make us look bad.

Nick Madison: Why not just say you don’t condone my actions? Doesn’t that always work?

Max Sheppard: Noooot that simple...trust me I wish it was. I love it when you guys go crazy and show that extreme passion...buuut our legal team seems to not share that opinion.

Nick Madison: Well...they need to lighten up a bit. They should know me by now.

Max Sheppard: They do...I don’t know its weird. I guess its one thing to be yourself when you’re in PWS, but when you’re representing us around other brands its different. I was told to tell you to keep a somewhat low profile and not do anything too drastic or extreme...

Laura Phoenix: Oy...wrong choice of words there Max....

Nick Madison: Now Max...you do realize, by saying all that, you just made me want to go out and do something extremely drastic and stupid even more, right?

Max Sheppard: There was talk of fining you if you do...

Nick Madison: Like it’d be the first time one of us got fined...

Laura Phoenix: Yeah, remember when Wylde fined me? Damn FCC...

Nick Madison: Can’t say it wasn’t worth it...

Laura Phoenix: True. Worth every penny.

Max Sheppard: Well, I trust Laura to represent our company well, especially since she’s fighting for the International Title coming up.

Nick Madison: What’s that supposed to mean?

Max Sheppard: It means she knows how to behave...

Laura Phoenix: Doesn’t mean I wanna....

Max Sheppard: Laura....

(Laura sighs.)

Laura Phoenix: I know...you’re right...I gotta remember Elizabeth might be watching. I can’t afford for her to see me being a bad role model, especially with everything going on between me and Eddie.

Nick Madison: Well, that’s all well and good, but I don’t have a little girl watching at home for me to mess up things with...been there done that already.

Laura Phoenix: Nick...

Nick Madison: Sorry.

Max Sheppard: Allllright then....but I’ll be flying in for the show, actually I’m in the states now, had some business to tend to.

Nick Madison: Man, you’ve been like non stop since buying the company.

Max Sheppard: It’s all a part of the bright future I have for PWS. I want us to be part of the elite amongst the wrestling federations. Ty did such an amazing job bringing us this far, and now I want to take us even farther. That’s where having you guys participating in shows like these comes into play, getting the name of Pro Wrestling Smarks out there. So, I hope I can trust the two of you to represent the company well?

Nick Madison: I promise you, after this show is done, people are going to know who Pro Wrestling Smarks is.

Max Sheppard: Thats....what I’m kind of afraid of.

Laura Phoenix: Max, it’ll be fine...trust me.

Max Sheppard: I do trust you Laura....

Nick Madison: But not me?

Max Sheppard: Again...lighting bar on fire....and lets not get started on the stuff you’ve done in the past few months with Omen and Chris Edwards...

Nick Madison: In my defense they were both seriously asking for it...

Max Sheppard: Nick...you nearly beat Omen to death and speared him into a grave...

Nick Madison: Worth it...

(Laura laughs, as Max sighs.)

Max Sheppard: Just remember your opponent for this show isn’t someone trying to tear your life apart, he’s a good guy and one of the fan favorites. You need to be able to handle the fact that you might not get all cheers from the crowd.

Nick Madison: When has that ever phased me?

Laura Phoenix: Uhhh...I could think of a time or two...

Nick Madison: Oh we’ve been over this, that was a phase.

Laura Phoenix: Since when is backstabbing PWSX, turning on us, teaming up with Center Stage, battling us for the tag titles over a few months “a phase”...

Max Sheppard: Iiiii think thats my cue to let you guys go. Have fun in Greensboro and I’ll see you guys before the show.

Nick Madison: See ya later, Max.

Laura Phoenix: See ya.

Max Sheppard: Bye.

(Nick hangs up the phone and looks at Laura.)

Laura Phoenix: What?

Nick Madison: You know I’ve said I’m sorry I don’t know how many times for all that.

Laura Phoenix: Oh please, I was just giving you hell...besides, a part of me thinks that if all that never happened, you and I would have never happened.

Nick Madison: You DO have a point there....now, back to our show?

Laura Phoenix: Yes, back to our show.

(The unpause the tv and go back to watching How I Met Your Mother as the scene fades.)

------------------------------------------------------

This Is Me; This Is My Life
Like it or not...

(The scene opens with Nick Madison sitting on the top of a rooftop, looking down at the ground. He has a camcorder on a tri-pod in front of him with the record button pressed. He lets out a breath as it condensates in front of him before he finally speaks.)

Nick Madison: All my life...I’ve prided myself on being the very best out there. No matter what happened, no matter what bullshit I had to go through, I was determined and hell bent on being THE best in the world. Yeah, sure, there’s been times where I’ve failed...I have had my share of let downs and all that...but every time....every time...I stand back up, dust myself off, and keep going. They say what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger...well, for those of you that don’t know...I’ve been through enough in my life.....

(He looks up at the camera with a devious smirk on his face.)

Nick Madison: I’m one wickedly strong motherfucker.

(He lets out a chuckle then sighs.)

Nick Madison: I’m coming to the Pro Wrestling Project to do what I do best, raise hell, make an impact, and leave you all with something to remember. It doesn’t matter what I’m doing...whether it’s wrestling for ten people in a high school gym, moonsaulting off a production truck, or wrestling in the biggest arenas in the world in front of thousands, I always give it my all in that ring, I leave everything in the ring. Do I always “walk the line” and act like one of the “good guys” should? No, I don’t. Do I always make the decisions that a good role model would? No, I don’t. But does that make me any less of a performer? Does that make the championships I’ve held mean any less? No...it doesn’t.

(He looks up at the sky for a moment, then back at the camera.)

Nick Madison: I am who I am, like it or not. You can cheer me, you can boo me, at the end of the day, you’re going to do what you want, no matter what I say or do. I’m not one of these guys that’s going to sit here and try to give a misguided interpretation of what makes my opponent tick. Because you see, while that’s all well and good to think you know what your opponent’s made of, I’d really just rather get in the ring and find out what they’re made of. And that’s where our friendly neighborhood poster boy, Jackie Sweets, comes in.

(He shakes his head before continuing.)

Nick Madison: Jackie...oh how you think you’ve got it all figured out. You think that you’re going to walk into our match with all of your “heart” and “willpower” and that’s going to help you beat me, oh and how you’re going to play by the rules and all that, because it’s the right thing to do with your daughters watching. Because you want to be a “good father”.....

(Nick runs his hands through his hair and takes in a deep breath and lets it out.)

Nick Madison: Jackie...let me tell you a story.  You see, once upon a time, there was this kid...he was a bit of a daredevil, troublemaker if you will. And he ended up getting together with this girl. They both liked being the troublemakers, you could say its what made them tick. Well, fast forward a bit, things got serious, the kid even proposed to the girl, and she said yes...of course, the marriage never happened...because before it could, the girl disappeared. But then, after months of not hearing from the girl, all of a sudden, as the kid was starting to move on, she showed back up. But this time, things were so....so different. You see, there was someone else that changed the entire foundation of the relationship...her name was Kiran.

(A smile grows on Nick’s face as he continues to talk.)

Nick Madison: Now Kiran...she was absolutely beautiful. She gave the kid so much hope that maybe...just maybe...things would work out in the end. To know that he helped bring another life into the world, and to be able to be there to watch her grow...it was the happiest feeling in the world. I’m sure you know how that feels, Jackie. Like you said, you have two daughters of your own that you have to look out for. But see, this is where our story turns...not so happy. Things started going downhill, the kid and the girl, no matter how hard they both wanted to, couldn’t make things work. The girl left again, and the kid? Oh he tried to move on, he tried to put on a fake smile, but really? A part of him had been taken from him, a part that he couldn’t get back. He truly was the very definition of heartbroken. And out of all the shit he had been through in his life, that was what nearly killed him....

(He pauses.)

Nick Madison: But it didn’t kill him...it made him stronger...it helped make him the man that you are looking at right now. Jackie, you want your girls to look up at you and think of the world of you, but do you really know how it feels to have nothing? Do you know how it feels to know that, no matter how hard you try, no matter how much you fight, no matter how far you search, there is a part of you that you’ll never be able to get back? Do you know how it feels to have a part of you thats lost forever?

Nick Madison: So yeah, you and I are very different. In more ways than you could imagine. No, I’m not the “poster boy” of what’s right. Yeah, I have some bad habits, but thats who I am. I’m not ashamed of it, and why should I be? I know you look down at me because I don’t fit your mold of what a role model should be, and you know what? That’s fine. I’m not here to fit your mold of what a good man should be. I’m not here to fit society’s interpretation of a model citizen. I’m just me...nothing more, nothing less. And what I am...is one of the very best in that ring that you will ever encounter. So you go on, you think you know what makes me tick. You go ahead and think you know what I’m made of...cause I can’t wait to give you the rude awakening that you’re in for.

(Nick stands up.)

Nick Madison: This match...I don’t know what it is for you, but for me...its my life. This...all of this is my life. This is who I am, like it or not. So, I’ll see you at the show. Just better hope you actually do know what it is you’re in store for. Lace up your boots, pull them tight, cause you and I?

(He leans down to turn off the camera.)

Nick Madison: We’re going to war.

(The camera turns off, ending the footage.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PWP 1: Lets Get It Started! - Jackie Sweets vs. Nick Madison   PWP 1: Lets Get It Started! - Jackie Sweets vs. Nick Madison Empty

Back to top Go down

PWP 1: Lets Get It Started! - Jackie Sweets vs. Nick Madison
Page 1 of 1