The Professional Wrestling Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Showdown of Stars From Around The World Of Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PWP 10: Nothing Like The First Time - Tiberius vs. Chris Edwards

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh C. Duncan
Superstar
Superstar
Josh C. Duncan

PWP 10: Nothing Like The First Time - Tiberius vs. Chris Edwards Empty
PostSubject: PWP 10: Nothing Like The First Time - Tiberius vs. Chris Edwards   PWP 10: Nothing Like The First Time - Tiberius vs. Chris Edwards EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 5:31 pm

1 RP Max. 300 word minimum. Deadline is July 16th at 11:59 PM Eastern.

Last edited by Josh C. Duncan on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris Edwards
Superstar
Superstar
Chris Edwards

PWP 10: Nothing Like The First Time - Tiberius vs. Chris Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: PWP 10: Nothing Like The First Time - Tiberius vs. Chris Edwards   PWP 10: Nothing Like The First Time - Tiberius vs. Chris Edwards EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:30 am

Scene One: Doctors visit.

The scene opens up in a San Francisco doctor’s office. In the room, we see a doctor. The doctor is in his mid-60’s, a bit round when it comes to his stomach. On the bed, we see Chris Edwards. Who looks like he lost a bit of weight since he last appeared in the wrestling scene, which was in December but he also grew a bit more of white hair, not much but it’s a little bit noticeable. Chris Edwards is sitting on the bed a bit…….depressed if you will.

Chris Edwards: So, you’re saying that my next match will be my last?

Doctor: Right. You see, you have a slight neck injury. It’s not too much now, but after your next match, you will need to have surgery. At your age, you should be slowing down, not trying to force your body into something it can’t heal from.

Chris Edwards sat there for a long second trying to digest everything the doctor had said. He doesn’t like it that his career is coming to end but it had to end sometime right? Chris Edwards looks back up at the x-ray board.

Doctor: Do you have any questions for me?

Chris Edwards: Just one. So you’re saying that if I wanted too, I can’t wrestle again?

Doctor: It all depends on how the surgery goes. If there isn’t much damage in there, you could wrestle again, but you wouldn’t be able to “bump” as you call it. You wouldn’t be able to do the stuff, like you would before the surgery. Now, if there’s too much damage in your neck, you will NOT wrestle. Just focus on this match you have.

Once again, Chris Edwards sat there. On his face, he’s starting to get frustrated…At this point he’s feeling……defeated. The doctor left the room now, leaving Chris Edwards with his own thoughts. This could be dangerous.

Scene two: Alone.

The scene opens up in a dark room, the only light that’s lighting up the room is just a lone TV. In front of the TV, on the couch, we see Chris Edwards. He’s slumped over and depressed from the recent visit from the doctor’s office just a few hours ago. Next to him on the couch, is his laptop. He used to write in a notebook but recently he got himself a laptop and decided to write a blog about everything.

Edwards: “So, I guess this is it. I guess this is it for me when it comes to wrestling. I can say it’s bittersweet, or I can say it’s forced. I’m not going to say either of them. I had a great career. I had everything I ever wanted when it came to this sport. World title shots, International shots, even the occasional hardcore match.  So, right now I’m alone with my thoughts. A year ago, that would have been a dangerous thing to do, because I wanted to hurt people then, I wanted to give people the pain they gave me when they turned their back on me! I’m alone, not because I don’t have friends, but because I’m still thinking everything over. Everything that the doctor told me. ”

Chris Edwards momentary paused before he started to type again.

Edwards: “Do I regret everything that I did to Cameron, Laura and Breeze? Nope. I acutally had fun doing everything I did to them. Sure they didn’t enjoy it, but hey there’s nothing I can do about it. I just hoped they enjoyed it but they didn’t. While I do miss them and PWS, there’s nothing I can say or do that will change the fact that company is no longer there. I enjoyed being in that company, that’s why I never went to anymore companies. I was depressed that it’s gone, and I still am.”

Chris Edwards stops typing for a second to take a sip of water before he types again.

Edwards: “Now, I bet some of you who are reading this is wondering why I’m not bashing PWS, or bashing everyone that I hate. It’s simple. Since I’m going to retire, I don’t need to be angry with people anymore. I don’t need to be angry with everything they’ve done to me. It’s time for a fresh start, and it’s time to change again. It’s time to show people that Chris Edwards has a nice, and always had a nice side to him. Now, would I make it up with Cameron, Laura and Breeze? I doubt it since I’m no longer on twitter or any part of social media. It was too much hassle to keep up with. So I guess it doesn’t matter right?”

Chris Edwards once again took a stoppage in his writing. He got up from the couch, and places the laptop carefully on the coffee table in front of him. He moved into the kitchen and got himself a bite to eat before he returned to the couch. On the plate he has, is a bologna sandwich, with a handful of potato chips. He places the food down and picks up the laptop.

Edwards: “As far as I’m concerned, I’m not really bothered but what anyone has to say about me. I know what I did in my career. Friends or no friends, I don’t care. I’m leaving peacefully. I know all the dirt sheets will try to make me feel bad for leaving or try to say I need to come back for “one more match”. I’m saying this right now, no more matches.

Chris Edwards grabbed the sandwich and took a big bite out of it and slowly ate it.

Edwards: So, at PWP, I’m ready for this match. I’m ready to give it my all. I’m ready to get back into the ring since December. Sure, I might have some ring rust, but oh well. That night will be my time to shine, that night will be my time to prove the naysayers wrong. It’s my time to give it my all and it’s my time to show that despite my injury, I still gas in the tank. As far as my opponent go, Good luck. I don’t have much to say about you because, I couldn’t find anything in your bio. So, If I lose in this match, so be it. He’ll be the better guy don’t you think?”

Chris Edwards grabbed a handful of potato chips and munches on them before he types again.

Edwards: “This match tonight, isn’t about winning. I could careless if I win or not like I said. I’m not going to be one of those people who want to leave on top. I want to be that person who gave everything his all and people remember him for it. This match, this date, this time, and this event will show it. I couldn’t have closure in PWSi, I’m going to finally give the fans what they want, and closure. I don’t mean to disrespectmy opponent, but it’s about me. he’s going to have his chance to prove himself one of these days, but it’s about me.

Chris Edwards for the first time since his Peewee days, he grows a smile on his face. He grows on his face about the pleasure he had about this buz. He let out a sigh before he closed the laptop with the smile remaining on his face.

Chris Edwards: My closure, my time, and everything I worked for will end in PWP. I hope they’re ready for me. I’m not the “mental” guy I used to be, but if you anger me I will show it!

The scene comes to an end with Chris Edwards looking ahead to the emptiness of the room, focusing on the upcoming and last match. Ready or not PWP, Chris Edwards is coming!
Back to top Go down

PWP 10: Nothing Like The First Time - Tiberius vs. Chris Edwards
Page 1 of 1